[OE-core] specific version dependenciews - was: Linking two recipes

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 20 11:33:48 UTC 2012

Dear Denys,

In message <20120320004345.GG15554 at denix.org> you wrote:

> > Is there a clever way to describe such a multi-level dependency chain?
>
> Will this help? See line #4 in the first example and lines #30-31 in second:
>
> http://cgit.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/tree/meta/recipes-support/gnutls/gnutls.inc#n4
> http://cgit.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/tree/meta-oe/recipes-graphics/xserver-nodm-init/xserver-nodm-init_2.0.bb#n30

Yes, this looks indeed interesting.

Is there also away to ask for a specific package version, i. e.
instead of "libgcrypt (>= 1.4.2)" something like "libgcrypt (= 1.4.2)"
or "libgcrypt-1.4.2" or such?

> There are some caveats with that notation, IIRC...

What would these be?  Is there any documentation about such details?
I searched the bitbake, poky and yocto docs but could not find it...

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Our OS who art in CPU, UNIX be thy name.
Thy programs run, thy syscalls done,
In kernel as it is in user!