[OE-core] what is meaning of "SRC_URI_append_whatever +=" ??

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Mar 21 11:25:59 UTC 2012

On Wed, 21 Mar 2012, Graeme Gregory wrote:

> I beleive its valid to do
>
> BLAH_append = "spanner"
> BLAH_append += "toolbox"
>
> then final result is BLAH_append variable is "spanner toolbox" then
> the overrides happen.

  admitting my ignorance of the mechanics of "_append", what would it
then mean to do:

BLAH_append = "spanner"
... snip ...
BLAH_append = "toolbox"

if, say, someone does that accidentally?  and at this point, i will
leave this in the hands of people much smarter than me and move on.

  it may very well be that all of the oddities i ran across are
technically valid but, for the sake of someone perusing the source,
they should probably be cleaned up to prevent confusion.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca