[OE-core] Syscall backporting and linux-libc-headers

Koen Kooi koen at dominion.thruhere.net
Thu Mar 22 12:22:43 UTC 2012

Hi,

In my never ending quest to get consolekit/polkit/etc working properly I've found that CONFIG_AUDITSYSCALL is really usefull (it's usefull in other contexts as well, but that's outside the oe-core set of recipes). It has the following problem:

config AUDITSYSCALL
        bool "Enable system-call auditing support"
        depends on AUDIT && (X86 || PPC || S390 || IA64 || UML || SPARC64 || SUPERH)

No MIPS or ARM support. There recently was a pull request from Al Viro to get at least ARM support into mainline, but I'm not sure what happened to that. Anyway, I backported the ARM patch to 3.0 and 3.2, but to make it usefull I'd need to patch linux-libc-headers and bump PR on virtual/libc.

What's the OE-core position on backporting syscalls to linux-libc-headers?

regards,

Koen