[OE-core] sstate reuse for -native, -cross across different host glibc version, how to make it work?

Koen Kooi koen at dominion.thruhere.net
Fri Mar 23 12:22:39 UTC 2012

Hi,

I turned on sstate mirroring for angstrom recently and I'm getting reports of build failures due to missing GLIBC_2.14 symbols:

arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc)

The sstate tarballs are built on a Fedora16 VM and the breakage occurs when it being used on systems with an older c library (e.g. debian). To get rid of this problem there are multiple options, but I think the 2 most obvious are:

1) inject host distroname and distroversion into the checksums
2) build everything against a native libc

Would it be appropriate to get 1) into oe-core before the branchpoint? Right now my workaround is 'rm *native* *cross* -f' from time to time. But that sucks for identical autobuilders.

regards,

Koen