[OE-core] libtool-cross patch thread : follow up on do_install...

Mike Williamson michael.williamson at criticallink.com
Sun Mar 25 15:51:46 UTC 2012

Hi,

I was investigating a build issue using a local recipe inheriting autotools
employing libtool (a compile of unixodbc, needed by the new php recipe)
and ran into an issue that appears to be solved by modifying the
do_install() method of libtool-cross according to comments made
in this patch thread:

http://patches.openembedded.org/patch/15065/

Basically, replace the do_install with "oe_runmake DESTDIR=${D} install"
suggested by Khem Raj.   Mike Crowe seemed to think that it cleaned
up issues he was having, but the thread seems to die at that point.

The current recipe for libtool-cross does not reflect the modification
mentioned, so I am wondering if this is not appropriate?
Am I doing more harm than good?

Thanks.

-Mike