[OE-core] how to properly set up a local premirror?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue Mar 27 22:15:29 UTC 2012

  only recently did i run across what appears to be the proper way to
define a local premirror where i've collected source tarballs over the
years, by adding the following to my local.conf:

SOURCE_MIRROR_URL ?= "file:///home/rpjday/dl/"
INHERIT += "own-mirrors"
BB_GENERATE_MIRROR_TARBALLS = "1"
# BB_NO_NETWORK = "1"

and every time i do a build, i check my downloads directory to see if
anything newer was downloaded, at which point i just copy any new
tarballs back to my "dl" directory.  seems pretty straightforward,
does that sound about right?  and now, some questions.

  i'm going to mention doing a "bitbake -c fetchall <imagename>" if
one just wants to get all necessary software before disconnecting from
the net.  so i used to know this: what's the difference between
"bitbake -c fetch" and "bitbake -c fetchall"?

  next, if i want to see what would need to be downloaded, would i
use:

$ bitbake -c fetchall --dry-run ...

or is there a better way?

  finally, i can see the current definition of own-mirrors.bbclass:

PREMIRRORS() {
cvs://.*/.*     ${SOURCE_MIRROR_URL}
svn://.*/.*     ${SOURCE_MIRROR_URL}
git://.*/.*     ${SOURCE_MIRROR_URL}
hg://.*/.*      ${SOURCE_MIRROR_URL}
bzr://.*/.*     ${SOURCE_MIRROR_URL}
svk://.*/.*     ${SOURCE_MIRROR_URL}
p4://.*/.*      ${SOURCE_MIRROR_URL}
osc://.*/.*     ${SOURCE_MIRROR_URL}
https?$://.*/.* ${SOURCE_MIRROR_URL}
ftp://.*/.*     ${SOURCE_MIRROR_URL}
}

are all of those fetchers still meaningful?  is there any chance that
OE will ever actually use svk?  or perforce?  or osc?  i'm not sure
svk is even maintained anymore.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca