[OE-core] how much can bitbake tell me about my upcoming build?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue Mar 27 23:41:43 UTC 2012

On Wed, 28 Mar 2012, Richard Purdie wrote:

> Well, there are:
>
> bitbake -g (and look at task-depends.dot)
> bitbake -g -u depexp
> bitbake core-image-sato -n (dry run)
>
> which will give some interesting info.

  yup, i'd already run across those and made a note of them.

> > p.s.  one thing i'd like is to be able to ask how much source i would
> > need to download for a given build before i start.  is there any way
> > to do that?
>
> Not that I'm aware of since the SRC_URIs don't say how big a
> download is, nor are they ever likely to.

  sorry, i phrased that badly, i didn't expect there would be any way
to get the *amount* of source, i was just wondering about getting a
list of the source that would need to be fetched, but i guess doing a
fetchall/dryrun would tell me that.  thanks.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca