[OE-core] adding a single package to an image -- what's the proper way?

Koen Kooi koen at dominion.thruhere.net
Wed Mar 28 13:48:31 UTC 2012

Op 27 mrt. 2012, om 05:20 heeft Robert P. J. Day het volgende geschreven:

>  i'm currently poring over the OE docs (including the ones at the
> yocto site), and i'm trying to figure out how to simply add a package
> to an image through one's local.conf file.

Why throught local.conf. Image recipes are really small and easy to understand. Just make a copy of the recipe you want to change and change that, no need to go poke at it from non obvious places.
I really don't understand why people are so against creating their own image recipe since foo-image.bb is not really foo-image anymore if you add 'bar' to it thru e.g. local.conf.