[OE-core] argh ... "_append" versus "+=" and IMAGE_INSTALL confusion

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu Mar 29 19:35:10 UTC 2012

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012, Eric Bénard wrote:

> Le Thu, 29 Mar 2012 15:23:20 -0400 (EDT),
> "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> a écrit :
> >   so what is best practise here?
> >
> for this one you have an answer on OE's wiki :
> http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/I_want_an_image_with_package_XYZ_installed

  despite the fact that the current reference manual *explicitly*
says this?

"Using IMAGE_INSTALL with the += operator from the /conf/local.conf
file or from within an image recipe is not recommended as it can cause
ordering issues."

  i actually did my research before i asked that question, you know.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca