[OE-core] argh ... "_append" versus "+=" and IMAGE_INSTALL confusion

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri Mar 30 10:52:41 UTC 2012

On Friday 30 March 2012 06:23:39 Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   that is, stop messing with IMAGE_INSTALL and do your customization
> with CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL.  isn't that what it was expressly
> designed for?

Possibly, but I had assumed though that CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL (and
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES) were intended to be used only from local.conf so that
people modifying them in local.conf could never unintentionally remove things
from the image by assigning to it directly with = as opposed to using +=.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton