[OE-core] why i'm being so annoyingly pedantic about nitpicky details

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri Mar 30 10:58:26 UTC 2012

On Friday 30 March 2012 06:31:39 Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   i realize many of my questions are and will be spectacularly
> nitpicky but the motivation here is that i and a buddy of mine from
> wind river are going to be submitting a proposal to this year's ottawa
> linux symposium for a 1/2-day tutorial on OE/bitbake/yocto, so i want
> to make absolutely sure i'm clear on the fundamentals and can explain
> the contents and mechanics of any part of OE.  which means i have a
> lot of work to do in the next little while.
>
>   in other words, there will be more pedantry, but the end result will
> be released as cc-by-sa, so consider it an investment. :-)

I would say please don't stop doing what you're doing. We may sound impatient
in our replies sometimes but I think what you are doing is really valuable -
there are some inconsistencies in our documentation and our metadata and we
ought to get them all ironed out.

I guess the only difficult thing at this precise point in time is that a lot of
us are busy with stabilisation work, thus we might not have as much time to
sort these things out or even respond fully to your queries as we would like.
If anything doesn't get fixed (particularly in the metadata) we should
definitely try to make sure it gets addressed during the next development
cycle.

Cheers,
Paul

--