[OE-core] SetScene tasks hang forever?

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Wed May 2 18:40:39 UTC 2012

On 5/2/12 1:21 PM, Rich Pixley wrote:
> I'm seeing a lot of builds apparently hanging forever, (the ones that
> work seem to work within seconds - the ones that hang seem to hang for
> at least 10's of minutes), with:
>
> rich at dolphin>  nice tail -f Log
> MACHINE           = "qemux86"
> DISTRO            = ""
> DISTRO_VERSION    = "oe-core.0"
> TUNE_FEATURES     = "m32 i586"
> TARGET_FPU        = ""
> meta              = "master:35b5fb2dd2131d4c7dc6635c14c6e08ea6926457"
>
> NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
> NOTE: Preparing runqueue
> NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks
>
> If I run top, I see one processor pinned at 98 - 99% utilization running
> python, but no other clues.
>
> Can anyone point me to doc, explain what's going on here, or point me in
> the right direction to debug this?

The only time I've seen "hang-like" behavior the system actually opened a
devshell and was awaiting input.   But based on your log, it doesn't look like
that is the case.

Run bitbake with -DDD option, you will get considerably more debug information
and it might help point out what it thinks it is doing.

--Mark