[OE-core] /sbin/init not found in oe-core

Brandon Stafford brandon at rascalmicro.com
Fri May 25 20:52:50 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 4:30 PM, Mark Hatle <mark.hatle at windriver.com> wrote:

>> Has the boot process changed? What should I be doing instead of
>> calling /sbin/init?
>

> You should check your new rootfs.  is there anything called init on it, even
> in a different directory?

So far as I can tell, there is no file named init in the filesystem.

> Are you using meta-oe and systemd?

meta-oe: yes
systemd: only if it is enabled by default, so I don't think so. I can
still see /etc/rc[0-5].d, so I think that means Sys V is still in
place.

> You should have some type of an init in the new filesystem.. if not, then
> something is wrong with your image and you'll need to diagnose that first.

Sounds like I have something amiss with my filesystem.

Is there a way to tell which package previously generated /sbin/init,
so I can see whether it has changed?

Regards,
Brandon