[OE-core] [oe-core] How to query installed rpm packages

Giuseppe Condorelli giuseppe.condorelli at gmail.com
Tue May 29 13:20:14 UTC 2012

2012/5/28 Paul Eggleton <paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com>

> On Monday 28 May 2012 17:30:34 Giuseppe Condorelli wrote:
> > Well, I added ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND += "list_installed_packages ; "
> in
> > the image recipe I want to build.
> > Build went right but I don't know where to find the output the
> > list_installed_packages has provided.
> > Any suggestion? Am I wrong?
>
> All list_installed_packages does is print a list of the packages; if you
> just
> add it to ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND the output will be going into the log
> file
> for the image task which is probably not what you want. If you wanted to
> proceed with this I think you'd need to redirect the output to some file
> somewhere - this is easily done by instead calling your own shell function
> and
> then calling list_installed_packages > path/to/some_output_file.txt within
> it.

Thanks for the reply. What I'm not understanding is how I can invoke my
shell function. Do you mean
I have to invoke it as append function of populate_rootfs one? What I
really need is a way to query the rpm database
out from the build system, as we normally do with host packages.
I tried to have a standalone run of  the rpm command the
list_installed_packages invokes but (obviously) I got a long series of
errors.

> However it sounds like buildhistory will do what you want here anyway.
>
> Well, that adds usefull information but I actually need the one above.

> Cheers,
> Paul

Thanks again,
Giuseppe