[OE-core] [oe-core] How to query installed rpm packages

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed May 30 10:34:43 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 30 May 2012 12:29:02 Giuseppe Condorelli wrote:
> > If you aren't including packaging data in the resulting image (i.e.
> > IMAGE_FEATURES does not contain "package-management"),
>
> Adding the package-management I saw target rpm is set to be built.
> So I can think I'll have the rpm inside the target fs I'll install via oe
> system.
> How can it help me if I query installed packages from host?

Adding package-management to IMAGE_FEATURES does two things:

1) Adds rpm to the image to be run on the target
2) Avoids deleting the rpm database files so that rpm actually works

It's #2 that I was referring to earlier - if the rpm database has been
deleted, rpm on the host will not be able to query the contents of the image.
Even if they are going to be deleted we can just put our operations before
that happens - we just need to inject them in the right place. Putting a call
into ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND achieves this.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton