[OE-core] meta-xilinx: ERROR: Failure expanding variable TUNE_PKGARCH ppc440

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at gmail.com
Wed May 30 15:34:41 UTC 2012

Hi,

On May 30, 2012, at 5:00 PM, Khem Raj wrote:

> On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 7:47 AM, Elvis Dowson <elvis.dowson at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> What does the -nf suffix do ?
>>

> indicates no float

What should I call the tune configuration file: tune-ppc440.inc or tune-ppc440-nf.inc ?

For the initial build tests, I will first try to get this running without a hardware FPU. By default the embedded PowerPC 440 processor on the Xilinx Virtex-5 doesn't have a hardware FPU. But one can configure a LogiCORE IP Virtex-5 APU Floating-Point Unit (v1.01a) to get single or double precision FPU support.

How would I handle file naming and configuration for these 3 possible variants (i.e. software floating point emulation, hardware FPU single precision & hardware FPU double precision)?

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson