[OE-core] /sbin/init not found in oe-core

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed May 30 21:04:00 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 30 May 2012 16:48:00 Brandon Stafford wrote:
> On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 5:55 PM, Mark Hatle <mark.hatle at windriver.com>
wrote:
> > On 5/25/12 3:52 PM, Brandon Stafford wrote:

> >> So far as I can tell, there is no file named init in the filesystem.

> >> meta-oe: yes
> >> systemd: only if it is enabled by default, so I don't think so. I can
> >> still see /etc/rc[0-5].d, so I think that means Sys V is still in
> >> place.
> >
> > meta-oe may have systemd enabled by default, but I'm not sure.  I haven't
> > used it recently enough to know for sure.>
> >>
> >> Sounds like I have something amiss with my filesystem.
>
> Just to wrap this up for the sake of future googlers: in my image
> recipe, I was doing this:
>
>     inherit image
>
> instead of:
>
>     inherit core-image
>
> I had also omitted task-core-basic from my IMAGE_INSTALL list. I'm not
> certain which solved the problem, but /sbin/init definitely now
> exists.

Almost certainly the latter rather than the former - inheriting image rather
than core-image is perfectly OK, but without task-core-basic there's a whole
heap of things you won't get including task-core-initscripts which includes
sysvinit.

Sorry you had to go through pain here but glad you solved it in the end :)

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton