[OE-core] PowerPC and TEXTREL in binaries

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Wed May 30 21:43:25 UTC 2012

I've been chasing down a problem with prelinking and PowerPC.  Even though the
prelinker runs, it ignores most of the binaries on the system as they fail a
basic sanity check looking for TEXTREL.

It appears most of the executables on qemuppc machine are linked without pic,
but I'm not sure if this indicates a problem with the compiler, configuration or
something else.

If we can fix this, and get everything (within reason) building with pic, the
prelinker will start to prelink PPC binaries and -should- improve load performance.

--Mark