[OE-core] Suggestion: Occasionally take --hash-style=gnu out of the linker

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Thu May 31 21:20:22 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 2:14 PM, Peter Seebach
<peter.seebach at windriver.com> wrote:

> In theory, it's a bug if a package is configured such that it does not
> actually request hash-style=gnu.  In practice, though, the yocto
> toolchain is configured so that it's the default.
>
> Maybe there should be a periodic build or two that uses a compiler not
> configured that way, to flush out such packages?

yes we tried that with classic OE for long time. it did not go much further than
we changing the recipes to add it to compiler cmdline and subtle bugs.
Right thing
would be to fix the packages but its a significant task. Besides OE most of
other distros use it as default so I dont think there will be many
fixes upstreamed
for respective packages.