[OE-core] Including license metadata in target package

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 19:33:04 UTC 2012

Hi,

we'll have to provide some proprietary packages for our feed/images and
because of that we're thinking about adding functionality to package
LICENSE files (referenced by LIC_FILES_CHKSUM) to PN (something like
${datadir}/licenses/${PN}/file), probably reusing some code from
license.bbclass

Does something like this already exist somewhere or does it look
usefull for someone else too, so it could be integrated into
license.bbclass and controlled by some variable (per package
or by distro config)?

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com