[OE-core] Where's my X cursor?

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Thu Nov 29 14:25:00 UTC 2012

On 2012-11-29 06:39, Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 29 November 2012 13:29, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:
>> I'm having troubles with the latest Xorg server.  I have a system
>> which has a small display (320x240) with a touch screen.  When I
>> bring up X, there is no mouse pointer, even if my touch screen is
>> disabled [in the kernel] and I have a "normal" (USB) mouse attached.
>
> Your machine configuration (/etc/formfactor/machconfig) probably says
> HAVE_TOUCHSCREEN=1, which results in the X init scripts disabling the
> cursor.  Remove that line, comment it out with a #, or set it to 0,
> and the cursor should be visible on the next boot.

Duh, I should have thought of that. What program/script uses that file?
I ask because the code in /etc/X11/Xserver explicitly does not if the
server is Xorg (if I'm reading things correctly).

Also, any pointers on how to debug the touch screen?  As I said, it
works fine with SDL and Qt, but with X, it seems to go 100% backwards
from what I want, i.e. touch left moves the cursor right, etc.

Thanks