[OE-core] xorg x-server issue

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 29 16:49:33 UTC 2012

Hi,

Currently I am testing some modifications for lxdm (lxdm+xfce+systemd
image) and get the feeling that the logout behaviour has changed
(maybe since the update of xorg to 1.13 - forgive me I am definitely
not an xorg-expert). Seems that x-server is shutting down when logging
out (screen turns into text mode, it lasts longer and log file is
swapped to Xorg.0.log.old). This I did not yet notice because it is
immediately restarted by systemd. The problem for me is that lxdm does
not detect session closing before shutting down. As a consequence the
scripts PostLogout/PreReboot/PreShutdown are not called.

Anybody else sharing this behaviour?

Andreas