[OE-core] meta-cloud layer

Michael Halstead michael at yoctoproject.org
Fri Nov 30 18:03:42 UTC 2012

On 11/30/2012 09:26 AM, Bruce Ashfield wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 12:15 PM, Saul Wold <sgw at linux.intel.com
> <mailto:sgw at linux.intel.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 11/30/2012 03:29 AM, David Nyström wrote:
>
>         On 11/29/2012 02:54 PM, Richard Purdie wrote:
>
>             On Thu, 2012-11-29 at 06:44 -0700, Raymond Danks wrote:
>
>                 Thanks for looping me in here David. The initial goal
>                 for the meta-xen
>                 layer was in fact to encompass Xen Cloud Platform.  As
>                 such, the intent
>                 was to contain both hypervisor and user-space
>                 applications.  Indeed, the
>                 xen distribution itself includes xm/libxl; hypervisor
>                 abstraction would
>                 be somewhat tedious in my opinion.
>
>                 The layer just received commits for expanding the
>                 libvirt build to
>                 support qemu.  The commonalities and shared packaged
>                 between xen, qemu,
>                 and kvm implementations are such that I would also
>                 agree that meta-xen
>                 should be expanded/renamed to encompass all
>                 virtualization types; I also
>                 support the move to meta-virtualization.
>

>         meta-virtualization sounds good, let co-op on this so we don't
>         duplicate
>         work.
>
>     If everyone is OK with this, I will have Michael Halstead create a
>     repo, please send him your keys so that you will have write access
>     to it.
>

> This works for me. If Michael already has our keys, do we need to
> resend or can
> a local copy happen ?
I already have keys for,

David Nystrom df:2d:b1:59:f3:d7:73:fc:59:36:7b:cf:85:28:a7:50
Bruce Ashfield  4f:93:90:b2:c7:a1:45:21:f2:47:31:6f:60:f9:60:02

Either of you can currently add
git at git.yoctoproject.org:meta-virtualization as a git remote and start
the repository. Once we have initial code and the maintainers and patch
submission guidelines in the readme I can publicly list the new repository.

I require an ssh public key for Raymond Danks.

We also need a short description for the listing on
git.yoctoproject.org. I could be something similar to, but better than,
"Layer enabling virtualization support. "

--
Michael Halstead
Yocto Project / Sys Admin