[OE-core] work-shared not being correctly shared

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Oct 1 13:38:23 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-10-01 at 12:50 +0100, Phil Blundell wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-09-24 at 21:28 +0200, Martin Jansa wrote:
> > >
> > > Ah, right, it seems to be rm_old_work that's causing the problem.  I'll
> > > disable that for now and figure out how to fix it later.
> >
> > That was already discussed few weeks ago, you should be able to find it
> > in archive.
>
> I found this thread:
>
> http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2012-July/026185.html
>
> but there didn't appear to be any clear conclusion about what the right
> fix for the problem was.  Does anybody have any further insight into
> that?

The issue is that rm_old_work references PN in its task definition.
gcc's shared work directory assumes it can get the same sstate checksums
for fetch/unpack/patch which is broken by:

addtask rm_old_works before do_unpack

The trick would seem to be to change do_unpack for do_configure which is
how others worked around it.

Not a perfect fix but equally not annoying enough to lose lots of sleep
over.