[OE-core] Only one copy of bitbake should be run against a build directory

Morten Minde Neergaard mneergaa at cisco.com
Thu Oct 4 12:36:54 UTC 2012

At 13:07, Thu 2012-10-04, Phil Blundell wrote:
> Since updating my copy of bitbake to one which does this extra locking,
> I've come to realise that the constraint of having only one copy of
> bitbake running is a bit of a nuisance when making use of devshells.

In Message-ID: <20120924074452.GH2254 at kattastrofe.rd.tandberg.com>,
Subject: [OE-core] Customize devshell terminal command / environment, I
suggested the patch found in https://gist.github.com/3774736

This patch would allow you to customize the terminal used, including
spawning a terminal that detaches itself from the bitbake. So, my setup
is: patch plus bitbake running in a screen instance plus these settings:

OE_TERMINAL = "custom"
OE_TERMINAL_CUSTOMCMD = "screen"
OE_TERMINAL_EXPORTS += "STY"

(Should I submit this (non-obtrusive) patch somewhere? (-: )

Smiles,
--
Morten Minde Neergaard