[OE-core] [oe-commits] Laurentiu Palcu : qemu: add wrapper for qemu-mips binary

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Oct 8 09:14:46 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-10-08 at 11:35 +0300, Laurentiu Palcu wrote:

> >> What about checking if mips is in QEMU_TARGETS before doing this?
> >>

> > or simply for check for existence of qemu-mips before creating the wrapper
> >
> >> Right now this breaks all distros without mips in QEMU_TARGETS.
> Sorry, I totally missed this. :| What about adding a simple check in the
> create_wrapper script itself? We create the wrapper only if the target
> binary exists. It sounds better this way and the user does not
> necessarily have to remember to check for the binary existence before
> creating the wrapper.
>
> I'll prepare a patch.

In general I think we expect the target to exist. qemu is a little
special since the user can configure it different ways. I therefore see
qemu as being the exception in this case rather than the rule and think
the default behaviour for create_wrapper should be to fail if it doesn't
exist as there is likely some other issue.

Cheers.