[OE-core] uclibc sdk issue

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Oct 29 10:14:08 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-10-29 at 09:48 +0100, Giuseppe Condorelli wrote:
> Hi Khem,
>
> what I want to build is the meta-toolchain (uclibc) and looking at the
> build I can see system tries to build also eglibc packages.
> Maybe I'm wrong in something.
> Welcome advice.

So that the toolchain can be used on many different systems the
toolchain binaries themselves link against their own libc which ships as
part of meta-toolchain. We use eglibc for this and uclibc is not
supported.

The target libc that ships with the toolchain can be uclibc though, that
is perfectly fine. Build it and have a look at the result as I think it
will be fine.