[OE-core] Cannot find -lssp during uclibc package build

Giuseppe Condorelli giuseppe.condorelli at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 04:49:56 UTC 2012

Hi Khem, All

I'm building an uclibc image using gcc 4.6.3 instead of the 4.7 version
oe-core provides.
I'm falling in the following linker error during uClibc package build:

"Cannot find -lssp"

Now, ssp support is enabled in the uClibc package and disabled in the
gcc-cross-initial package, so
ld should not include that by default. Instead it does and if I switch to
old OE-Core repository (June 2012)
I can see all goes right just because the gcc-cross-intermediate package
was still present and uClibc depends on it
for building. Now, I know the -intermediate package was moved out and the
-initial one should include it, but
that's it.
I've not tested that with gcc 4.7 version, this is out of my scope.
Please, can you address me to solve this issue?

Best Regards,
Giuseppe