[OE-core] runstrip() in package.bbclass fails when run against a kernel module

Scott Garman scott.a.garman at intel.com
Wed Sep 5 16:18:32 UTC 2012

On 09/04/2012 02:23 AM, Martin Jansa wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 04, 2012 at 10:12:43AM +0100, Tomas Frydrych wrote:
>> Hi,

>>> Was this for denzil?
>>>
>>> In master it was fixed a month ago by:
>>> http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/commit/meta/classes/package.bbclass?id=a834ab8a6d53cae504fa112a89bab93d726539ec
>>>
>>> Don't know why they merged your patch to master too now..
>>
>> Yes, I run into the bug on Denzil and did not see the alternative fix in
>> master; either one of those fixes the problem, of course.
>
> Yes but having both in master doesn't make much sense, and someone
> already asked the older fix to be merged to denzil.

Yes, Koen included it in his most recent denzil pull request. I have it
queued in my denzil-next test branch and I'm waiting for autobuilder
time to validate it before I submit a pull request to move it all into
oe-core denzil:

http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=sgarman/denzil-next

Scott

--