[OE-core] [yocto] opengl / libgl / libgles

Tomas Frydrych tf+lists.yocto at r-finger.com
Thu Sep 6 16:10:47 UTC 2012

On 06/09/12 15:50, Koen Kooi wrote:

> Op 6 sep. 2012, om 16:37 heeft Tomas Frydrych <tf+lists.yocto at r-finger.com> het volgende geschreven:

>>> Ah, interesting.  I'm not entirely keen on the manual dependencies but
>>> that's certainly a step in the right direction.
>>
>> Is there much that actually links against libGL / libgles? Things like
>> cogl dlopen() these these, so you have to manually specify the RDEPENDS
>> anyway. Just thinking this could be less of an issue than it might appear.
>

> xbmc is one

The problem is basically the mesa package, right? If the mesa package is
split so that the mesa libGL parts are provided separately from the more
generic parts, and any GL bits, mesa or otherwise, are only built as a
specific machine feature, then we will never have any GL bits in the
non-machine part of the sysroot, and will always be dealing with the
correct, and only, libGL. Packages that link directly to libGL would
also be machine specific, but if we are talking about a hand full
things, this is not a major issue. Or I am missing something?

Ross, I think it gets unnecessarily complicated if you start thinking of
it in the terms of hot-swapping libGL at runtime the way desktop distros do.

Tomas