[OE-core] Nothing provides libxcb-*

Jack Mitchell ml at communistcode.co.uk
Fri Sep 14 12:09:46 UTC 2012

I am trying to use the package libxcb-xfixes in a recipe however when I
add 'libxcb-xfixes' to DEPENDS I get the error that nothing provides
libxcb-xfixes however the libxcb package clearly has it in the PACKAGES
variable

recipes-graphics/xcb/libxcb.inc:PACKAGES =+ "libxcb-composite
libxcb-damage libxcb-dpms libxcb-glx \
recipes-graphics/xcb/libxcb.inc: libxcb-randr libxcb-record
libxcb-render libxcb-res \
recipes-graphics/xcb/libxcb.inc: libxcb-screensaver libxcb-shape
libxcb-shm libxcb-sync \
recipes-graphics/xcb/libxcb.inc: libxcb-xevie libxcb-xf86dri
libxcb-xfixes libxcb-xlib \
recipes-graphics/xcb/libxcb.inc: libxcb-xprint libxcb-xtest libxcb-xv
libxcb-xvmc \
recipes-graphics/xcb/libxcb.inc: libxcb-dri2"

I have also tried using others in this package list to no avail, can
anybody comment on how I should be using these packages?

Regards,

--

   Jack Mitchell (jack at embed.me.uk)
   Embedded Systems Engineer