[OE-core] Nothing provides libxcb-*

Jack Mitchell ml at communistcode.co.uk
Fri Sep 14 12:32:18 UTC 2012

On 14/09/12 13:16, Richard Purdie wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-09-14 at 13:09 +0100, Jack Mitchell wrote:
>> I am trying to use the package libxcb-xfixes in a recipe however when I
>> add 'libxcb-xfixes' to DEPENDS I get the error that nothing provides
>> libxcb-xfixes however the libxcb package clearly has it in the PACKAGES
>> variable
>>
>> recipes-graphics/xcb/libxcb.inc:PACKAGES =+ "libxcb-composite
>> libxcb-damage libxcb-dpms libxcb-glx \
>> recipes-graphics/xcb/libxcb.inc: libxcb-randr libxcb-record
>> libxcb-render libxcb-res \
>> recipes-graphics/xcb/libxcb.inc: libxcb-screensaver libxcb-shape
>> libxcb-shm libxcb-sync \
>> recipes-graphics/xcb/libxcb.inc: libxcb-xevie libxcb-xf86dri
>> libxcb-xfixes libxcb-xlib \
>> recipes-graphics/xcb/libxcb.inc: libxcb-xprint libxcb-xtest libxcb-xv
>> libxcb-xvmc \
>> recipes-graphics/xcb/libxcb.inc: libxcb-dri2"
>>
>> I have also tried using others in this package list to no avail, can
>> anybody comment on how I should be using these packages?
> You're mixing up the build time and runtime namespaces. You would add
> DEPENDS = "libxcb" or RDEPENDS_${PN}-xxx = "libxcb-xfixes".
>
> DEPENDS is build time and you use PN
>
> RDEPENDS/RRECOMMENDS/R* is runtime and values from PACKAGES
>
> Cheers,
>
> Richard

Ok, thanks! I guess I have a bigger problem then, the error I am
recieving is:

| DEBUG: Executing shell function autotools_preconfigure
| DEBUG: Shell function autotools_preconfigure finished
| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_configure
| ERROR: Xfixes not found
|
| If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
| version from Git.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
| libav-user at libav.org mailing list or IRC #libav on irc.freenode.net.
| Include the log file "config.log" produced by configure as this will help
| solving the problem.

Now, I have libxcb in DEPENDS and I have the following configure options:

EXTRA_OECONF = " \
         --cross-prefix=${TARGET_PREFIX} \
         --enable-cross-compile \
         --sysroot="${STAGING_DIR_TARGET}" \
         --sysinclude="${STAGING_DIR_TARGET}${includedir}" \
         --target-os="linux" \
         --extra-cflags="${TARGET_CFLAGS}
${HOST_CC_ARCH}${TOOLCHAIN_OPTIONS}" \
         --extra-ldflags="${TARGET_LDFLAGS}" \
         --arch=${TARGET_ARCH} \
         --enable-hardcoded-tables \
         --enable-shared \
         --enable-pthreads \
         --enable-gpl \
         --enable-avfilter \
         --prefix=${prefix} \
         --enable-x11grab \
         --enable-libtheora  \
         --enable-libvorbis \
         ${EXTRA_FFCONF} \
"

Is there anything glaringly wrong?I am worried about these two:

         --sysroot="${STAGING_DIR_TARGET}" \
         --sysinclude="${STAGING_DIR_TARGET}${includedir}" \

   Jack Mitchell (jack at embed.me.uk)
   Embedded Systems Engineer
   http://www.embed.me.uk