[OE-core] multilib errors

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Sep 19 11:03:05 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 19 September 2012 02:37:35 McClintock Matthew-B29882 wrote:
> Is anyone else seeing:
>
> WARNING: Unable to get checksum for lib64-nativesdk-libtool SRC_URI
> entry trailingslash.patch: file could not be found
> WARNING: Unable to get checksum for lib64-nativesdk-libtool SRC_URI
> entry prefix-manpage-fix.patch: file could not be found
> WARNING: Unable to get checksum for lib64-nativesdk-libtool SRC_URI
> entry rename-with-sysroot.patch: file could not be found
> WARNING: Unable to get checksum for lib64-nativesdk-libtool SRC_URI
> entry use-sysroot-in-libpath.patch: file could not be found
> WARNING: Unable to get checksum for lib64-nativesdk-libtool SRC_URI
> entry fix-final-rpath.patch: file could not be found
> WARNING: Unable to get checksum for lib64-nativesdk-libtool SRC_URI
> entry avoid_absolute_paths_for_general_utils.patch: file could not be
> found
> WARNING: Unable to get checksum for lib64-nativesdk-libtool SRC_URI
> entry fix-rpath.patch: file could not be found
> WARNING: Unable to get checksum for lib64-nativesdk-libtool SRC_URI
> entry respect-fstack-protector.patch: file could not be found
> WARNING: Unable to get checksum for lib64-nativesdk-libtool SRC_URI
> entry norm-rpath.patch: file could not be found
> WARNING: Unable to get checksum for lib64-nativesdk-libtool SRC_URI
> entry prefix.patch: file could not be found
> WARNING: Unable to get checksum for lib64-nativesdk-libtool SRC_URI
> entry fixinstall.patch: file could not be found
> WARNING: Unable to get checksum for lib64-build-appliance-image
> SRC_URI entry Yocto_Build_Appliance.vmx: file could not be found
> WARNING: Unable to get checksum for lib64-build-appliance-image
> SRC_URI entry Yocto_Build_Appliance.vmxf: file could not be found
>
> With multilib enabled? Have not debuged but it looks like something is
> parsing SRC_URI for recipes under multilib when it should not be.

I have seen these errors as well. It definitely should be doing these checks -
the warnings occur during the file checksum code but more broadly they indicate
the system will fail to find these files should you try to build the targets
mentioned. Looking more closely, I could be wrong but it looks to me that BPN
is not correct at least in the case of lib64-build-appliance-image - I think
it ought to be "build-appliance-image"  but instead it is "lib64-build-
appliance-image", which means that it can't find the files referred to in
SRC_URI anymore given that they are located in a directory named "build-
appliance-image".

Cheers,
Paul

--