[OE-core] [RFC 2/7] image.bbclass: run postinst scripts once, at rootfs time

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Wed Sep 19 15:50:05 UTC 2012

On 19 September 2012 16:45, Laurentiu Palcu <laurentiu.palcu at intel.com> wrote:
> I'm a little confused here... Technically, when the postprocess hooks
> are executed all the postinstall scripts were already executed. Ideally,
> the run-once scripts are created from inside the postinst scriptlets
> themselves. So, I don't really understand why using the postprocess hook
> isn't safe. Can you please elaborate?

My concern (and it's just a hunch) is that there could be a
post-process hook running before the intercepts are run which could be
expecting the post install phase to have been completed.  With
intercepts a portion of the post-install phase is happening later than
they previously did, so they haven't completely been ran yet.

Ross