[OE-core] binutils fails to set ld.gold as default

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 03:41:09 UTC 2012

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 11:53 PM, Florin Sarbu
<florin.sarbu at windriver.com> wrote:
> What exactly do you wanna see in the output? I can post the variables you
> are looking for.

why cant you pastebin the whole file ? anyhow you are probably looking
at a red herring
build will create three linker binaries

1. Default linker - <cross>-ld
2. Gold linker - <cross>-ld.gold
3. GNU ld - <cross>-ld.bfd

1 above will be copy of either ld.gold or ld.bfd depending upon what
you have chosen
as default.

run <cross>-ls -v

to see the version of linker. If it is gold then it will say so