[OE-core] ld problems with relocated toolchain

Jack Mitchell ml at communistcode.co.uk
Tue Sep 25 13:58:43 UTC 2012

On 25/09/12 14:41, Khem Raj wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 1:29 AM, Jack Mitchell <ml at communistcode.co.uk> wrote:
>> Ok, I passed the compiler and the linker the sysroot flag and it compiled
>> successfully. Thank you everyone for all your help and I'll brush up on my
>> compiling/linking knowledge!
> Hmm if you installed toolchain in different prefix then it was built
> on and then experience
>
> <cross>-gcc hello.c not building thats a problem we have to fix in
> relocatable SDK install or wherever
> wasnt that the case ?

I think the issue was that I am using Eclipse to manage my build and it
was over writing the GCC parameters.

I believe it was calling arm-*-*-* directly and not using ${CC} if that
makes sense? Therefore it didn't know where to find the libraries and
includes. Passing the --sysroot option to the compiler and the linker
now lets it build.

Eclipse is still having issues looking in the right directory for
includes and I don't know what is causing that - but it compiles and
links fine now.

If I can provide more information then I would be happy to. I think I
agree and I'm still not fully convinced that it's completely fixed.

   Jack Mitchell (jack at embed.me.uk)
   Embedded Systems Engineer
   http://www.embed.me.uk