[OE-core] RFC - multilib SDK patches

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Wed Sep 26 23:21:44 UTC 2012

I created a patch set to enable multilib userspace in an SDK.  I've pushed the
patches to:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=mhatle/multilib

(they are based on oe-core)

I'd like some comments on them and see if they are reasonable or not.  With the
patches I was able to configure my local.conf with:

MACHINE = "qemux86-64"

require conf/multilib.conf
MULTILIBS = "multilib:lib32"
DEFAULTTUNE_virtclass-multilib-lib32 = "x86"

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = ' lib32-eglibc'

TOOLCHAIN_HOST_TASK = "nativesdk-packagegroup-sdk-host"
TOOLCHAIN_HOST_TASK += "packagegroup-cross-canadian-${@'
packagegroup-cross-canadian-'.join(all_multilib_tune_values(d,
'TRANSLATED_TARGET_ARCH').split())}"

---

Then built an SDK using:

bitbake core-image-minimal -c populate_sdk

---

Note, the top patch is a nasty hack to perl.  I don't have any idea as to what
is going wrong, but nativesdk-perl has decided to install into the wrong place
on my machine.  I was wondering if other people are seeing the same problem or not.

Any comments would be appreciated.

--Mark