[OE-core] Incorrect FILESPATH usages

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Sat Apr 6 23:39:03 UTC 2013

On Saturday 06 April 2013 15:14:20 Chris Larson wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 5:17 AM, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:
> > I have run across a problem where a main recipe is written in
> > such a way that makes using .bbappend impossible.  This happens
> > if the main recipe has an explicit assignment for FILESPATH.
> > In this case, the .bbappend is unable to add to that path, e.g.
> > to add a machine specific patch, etc.
>
> If the explicit definition calls base_set_filespath, then FILESEXTRAPATHS
> can still be used.

Also a number of the examples given are using .= which should also be
acceptable and won't interfere with FILESEXTRAPATHS usage in bbappends.
However the ones that just assign it to a value without base_set_filespath -
especially when they're covering directories that are already handled by the
default value of FILESPATH - should be removed.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton