[OE-core] Busybox mdev INITSCRIPT_PARAMS gets lost

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Wed Apr 10 10:58:20 UTC 2013

On 04/10/2013 12:24 PM, Burton, Ross wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> On 10 April 2013 11:07, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:
>>> This used to work just fine about a month ago, but it's suddenly broken. Has
>>> something changed in update-rc handling?
>>
>> Did you resolve this?  We just noticed the same thing is happening to
>> udev too.  I'm digging into it now but any leads (or a fix!) would be
>> appreciated.

Never found the cause, both work and home situations kept me from
investigating further.

> My patch "update-rc.d: correctly look up the initscript params with
> overrides" fixes this for udev, and presumably mdev too.

Looks like a good catch. I will still post a patch for mdev starting too
late (it should start at 03 just like udev does) when I find the time to
spend a little time on it (either at work or as a hobby...)

Mike.