[OE-core] systemd: /run directory not created

Jack Mitchell ml at communistcode.co.uk
Mon Apr 15 12:58:52 UTC 2013

Ok, I have just come back to trying out the new systemd implementation,
and this bug still exists.

Exactly the same error as before:

[    2.390730] systemd[1]: Failed to mount /run: No such file or directory

Can we shed any light on why this directory is failing to be created and
what can be done to fix it. Having looked in my final target filesystem
there are no links to the volatiles in /var/voltatile/* to /*, should
there be? The base-files packages looks like it should do it but
obviously something is going wrong.

   for d in ${volatiles}; do
     ln -sf volatile/$d ${D}${localstatedir}/$d
   done

Cheers,
Jack.

--