[OE-core] postinst does not finish

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Apr 17 09:37:50 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 17 April 2013 11:03:30 Andreas Müller wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 10:28 AM, Paul Eggleton
> <paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 16 April 2013 23:42:08 Khem Raj wrote:
> >> On Apr 16, 2013, at 11:28 PM, Andreas Müller
> >> <schnitzeltony at googlemail.com>

> >> ran into same issue. I disabled post installs to run on boot
> >
> > Could you guys please try to debug this and find out what is hanging here,
> > because with core-image-minimal and systemd I don't see this problem, the
> > run- postinsts script finishes as expected.
>
> are you using opkg as I do?

I wasn't, however I was under the impression Khem was also using rpm. Now I am
using opkg, and what I can see is that run-postinsts does take some time on
boot but it does appear to eventually finish and I don't get any error
indicating it failed; systemctl doesn't appear to list run-postinsts (although
I don't know whether it should or not.)

Cheers,
Paul

--