[OE-core] postinst does not finish

Laurentiu Palcu laurentiu.palcu at intel.com
Fri Apr 19 12:26:44 UTC 2013

On 04/19/2013 02:38 PM, Koen Kooi wrote:

> Op 19 apr. 2013, om 13:23 heeft Laurentiu Palcu <laurentiu.palcu at intel.com> het volgende geschreven:
>

>> On 04/19/2013 12:13 PM, Koen Kooi wrote:
>>>
>>> Op 19 apr. 2013, om 10:52 heeft "Burton, Ross" <ross.burton at intel.com> het volgende geschreven:

>>> Here's the complete log: http://dominion.thruhere.net/koen/angstrom/beaglebone/log.do_rootfs
>> Do you think you can post the rootfs/var/lib/opkg/status file? This
>> would show us exactly what packages were postponed for first boot.
>
> This is the build that finished just before Ross sent the gconf patch:
>
> 	http://dominion.thruhere.net/koen/angstrom/beaglebone/Angstrom-systemd-GNOME-image-eglibc-ipk-v2013.06-beaglebone.rootfs.tar.xz (75MiB)
>
> I haven't booted that yet, I'll do that when I get back from lunch.
>From what you sent, I see the following packages postponed: udev-hwdb,
gnome-panel and gdm. We know about udev-hwdb... However, gnome-panel and
gdm are postponing the postinstalls for first boot explicitly:

if [ "x$D" != "x" ]; then
	exit1
fi

This explains, at least, why you still see postinstalls running at first
boot.

Running the postinstalls at first boot appear to hang because (and
that's just a feeling) gtk-icon-cache is run twice on target... which is
time consuming.

Thanks,
Laurentiu