[OE-core] Annoyances with dylan

Koen Kooi koen at dominion.thruhere.net
Fri Apr 26 14:47:27 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have 2 big annoyances with dylan:

1) Multimachine builds trigger spurious warnings:

WARNING: The recipe bonescript is trying to install files into a shared area when those files already exist. Those files and their manifest location are:
   /build/v2013.06/deploy/eglibc/licenses/bonescript/LICENSE
   /build/v2013.06/deploy/eglibc/licenses/bonescript/generic_MIT

I get that every time after switching machines for each recipe/license.

2) PRSERV makes things go backwards:

ERROR: Package version for package gadget-init-network went backwards which would break package feeds from (0:1.0-r19.3 to 0:1.0-r19.0)

To trigger 2) I updated meta-linaro and switches meta-minnow to the new rebased branch, delete $TMPDIR (prserv db is outside out TMPDIR) and started building images. I only happens for some recipes, not all. I can't deduce a pattern or easily reproduce it. Bug filed some months ago.

On the flip side: *ZERO* problems with sstate so far :)

regards,

Koen