[OE-core] Custom tasks not running when dependency changes version

Daniel Lazzari dlazzari at leapfrog.com
Sun Apr 28 01:14:23 UTC 2013

I've got a weird issue that I just can't seem to figure out and need some help on. In our custom layer we have a bbclass that has 2 custom tasks, like so:

addtask complete_metadata after do_package before do_package_write
addtask create_other_package after do_package_write before do_build

Now this is inherited by a recipe B which depends on recipe A. If I build a rootfs image, then change the version (PV) on recipe A, then build the rootfs image again, recipe A rebuilds, then recipe B rebuilds, but it rebuilds without running my custom tasks. There's probably some task flag that I need to set to make this work, but I can't figure out what it is. Any help is appreciated, as always.

BTW, I'm all the way back on the denzil branch in case that matters.

Thanks,

Daniel Lazzari Jr.
Firmware Engineer
dlazzari at leapfrog.com