[OE-core] [oe] SRC_URI and latest HEAD revision with git (in oe-classic)

Steffen Sledz sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Thu Aug 1 06:11:48 UTC 2013

On 31.07.2013 14:50, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> On Wednesday 31 July 2013 12:02:42 Steffen Sledz wrote:

>>> If you want these to increment now AIUI you need to be using the PR
>>> server:
>>>
>>> https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/PR_Service
>>
>> And here comes my next really big problem. :(
>>
>> We're sitting on an big, old but active project based on oe-classic and
>> bitbake 1.12.0. Irksomely we're forced to switch from SVN to GIT for this
>> project. So we need the AUTOREV/PRSERV stuff for this old environment too.
>>
>> Has anyone tried to backport the feature to an older bitbake/oe-classic
>> environment? Or can someone give some hints what's to do?
>
> I'm not sure, but my gut feeling is you'd be better off trying to bring the
> project up to be based on OE-Core rather than trying to bring such
> functionality back to OE-Classic, particularly since for full functionality it
> requires signature-based tasks that are only supported with current versions
> of bitbake and require support from the metadata. You'd be trading some
> hopefully short-term pain for long-term gain if the project is going to
> continue for a reasonable amount of time.

I was afraid to get this answer. ;-)

Unfortunately we do not have the manpower to bring up this old project to oe-core. Our team is working hard on a follow-up project based on oe-core.

I read something about a solution using

  BB_GIT_CLONE_FOR_SRCREV = "1"
  BB_LOCALCOUNT_OVERRIDE = ""

which should be supported by the old oe-classic/bitbake-1.12.0. Could this be a solution for our problem? What drawbacks does it have?

Steffen

--
DResearch Fahrzeugelektronik GmbH
Otto-Schmirgal-Str. 3, 10319 Berlin, Germany
Tel: +49 30 515932-237 mailto:sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Fax: +49 30 515932-299
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Weber, Werner Mögle;
Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg; HRB 130120 B;
Ust.-IDNr. DE273952058