[OE-core] [meta-mingw] eglibc-initial package getting in the way

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Aug 12 18:51:53 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-08-09 at 18:16 +0200, Francois Retief wrote:
> I am working on a MinGW SDK layer for OpenEmbedded.  At this point, I
> got to the
> point where the "gcc-crosssdk" package builds successfully.
>
> My next target is to build the "nativesdk-libgcc" package. But the
> "nativesdk-eglibc-initial package" is getting in the way. As one can
> see from
> the log output below, eglibc, it complains that the mingw32
> environment is not
> supported.
>
> So I switched TCLIBC in local.conf to "uclibc" in the hope that it
> would do better,
> but same error message. Same package gets built.
>
> Also there is a BitBake warning about multiple package that provides
> the same libc-for-gcc package. But when I run gcc-crosssdk, there is
> no such clash.
>
> Thus my question is, where does the eglibc package get included in the
> dependency
> tree? I worked through the package-depends.dot file to try and find
> what is
> referencing this package but with no luck.

I had a look at your repository and also tried building with it, looks
good so far. TCLIBC is the wrong thing to play with, the issue is that
you need to totally replace nativesdk-libc* with the mingw-w64-runtime
package. This means it needs to have all the right PROVIDES to do this.
The warning when you run "bitbake meta-toolchain":

ERROR: Multiple .bb files are due to be built which each provide
virtual/nativesdk-x86_64-pokysdk-mingw32-libc-for-gcc
(virtual:nativesdk:/media/build1/poky/meta-mingw/recipes-devtools/mingw-w64/mingw-w64-runtime_2.0.8.bb virtual:nativesdk:/media/build1/poky/meta/recipes-core/eglibc/eglibc_2.18.bb).
 This usually means one provides something the other doesn't and should.
ERROR: Multiple .bb files are due to be built which each provide
virtual/nativesdk-libc
(virtual:nativesdk:/media/build1/poky/meta-mingw/recipes-devtools/mingw-w64/mingw-w64-runtime_2.0.8.bb virtual:nativesdk:/media/build1/poky/meta/recipes-core/eglibc/eglibc_2.18.bb).
 This usually means one provides something the other doesn't and should.

clearly shows its trying to build both and is rather confused. I'm going
to poke at this a little further and see if I can give some better
pointers as to how to fix this...