[OE-core] Yocto toolchain for Windows

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Aug 14 09:27:21 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-08-14 at 00:00 +0000, Zhang, Jessica wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> I've tried the sdk on windows and here're the issues that I've run into:
>
> 1. in our sysroot all the libraries have .so we need to change them to .dll

Which sysroot? The one for the target system should be using .so's since
we're targeting a Linux system.

> 2. seems the cross compiler i586-poky-linux-gcc.exe relies on
> libiconv-2.dll, so I manually installed that dll.

No surprise since the dynamic linking detection doesn't work for
windows. We can add a manual dependency to resolve that.

> 3. Now when I run i586-poky-linux-gcc.exe, I'm getting "the application was
> unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK  to close the application."
> By doing some initial search on the error, it seems relate to 32/64 bit dll
> mismatch.  You mentioned that 32bit windows binaries are generated, so can
> we generate a 64bit for me to try since my windows box is a 64bit.

I was confused, they are supposed to be windows 64 bit binaries (and
file under Linux says they are) so something other than what I
originally thought is wrong.