[OE-core] About PACKAGECONFIG audit

wenzong fan wenzong.fan at windriver.com
Thu Aug 15 09:29:46 UTC 2013

Hi All,

We have seen some problems like this:

$ bitbake libcap

ld: warning: libaudit.so.1, needed by .../lib64/libpam.so, not found
.../lib64/libpam.so: undefined reference to `audit_open'
.../lib64/libpam.so: undefined reference to `audit_close'

The libaudit has been available and libpam build with it, after we run
another build with sstate-cache and w/o libaudit, the error occurs. The
solution in these cases is to use PACKAGECONFIG to lay out dependencies
on optional packages and make them explicit. We need to run an audit and
catch all of these issues.

A probable ways maybe:

1) Run world build to generate the sysroots as much as possible;
2) Run 'configure --help' on each package to spot all of the optional
dependencies, and convert them into PACKAGECONFIG specs/or any other
prompts.
3) Run #1, #2 as an audit script periodically.

Or could we run this check as part of a QA build step?

Thanks
Wenzong