[OE-core] About PACKAGECONFIG audit

Phil Blundell pb at pbcl.net
Thu Aug 15 09:43:16 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-08-15 at 17:29 +0800, wenzong fan wrote:
> Or could we run this check as part of a QA build step?

I think that could be done, in principle.  Now that "ld
--no-copy-dt-needed-entries" is the default, there's no reason that the
shlibs code in package.bbclass couldn't be taught to verify that all the
shared library providers it identifies come from recipes that are listed
in DEPENDS.

The only difficulty is that you'd need to accept DEPENDS-of-DEPENDS
(e.g. a recipe which DEPENDS on gtk+ but also links with libatk or
something) and I don't think there's currently any straightforward way
for package.bbclass to generate the recursive dependency chain for an
arbitrary recipe.  An easy if inelegant workaround would be for it to
just stash the value of ${DEPENDS} along with the other shlibs data that
it writes out for each provider.

p.