[OE-core] About PACKAGECONFIG audit

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Aug 15 09:44:44 UTC 2013

Hi Wenzong,

On Thursday 15 August 2013 17:29:46 wenzong fan wrote:
> We have seen some problems like this:
>
> $ bitbake libcap
>
> ld: warning: libaudit.so.1, needed by .../lib64/libpam.so, not found
> .../lib64/libpam.so: undefined reference to `audit_open'
> .../lib64/libpam.so: undefined reference to `audit_close'
>
> The libaudit has been available and libpam build with it, after we run
> another build with sstate-cache and w/o libaudit, the error occurs. The
> solution in these cases is to use PACKAGECONFIG to lay out dependencies
> on optional packages and make them explicit. We need to run an audit and
> catch all of these issues.
>
> A probable ways maybe:
>
> 1) Run world build to generate the sysroots as much as possible;

(See Ross's reply for a pointer to the new test-dependencies script)

> 2) Run 'configure --help' on each package to spot all of the optional
> dependencies, and convert them into PACKAGECONFIG specs/or any other
> prompts.

Actually I have started along this line as well, putting the output of
configure --help into buildhistory so you can see the differences. I'm not
totally sure how useful it is at the moment and it will need some smooting out
to avoid known differences (paths etc.).

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton